My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 14, 2022 1:17 am  #1

Weather: The insanity of "saving" time

It is NOT daylight "SAVINGS" time.  It's daylight SAVING time.  Everyone gets it wrong.

AND - - - BTW, this had not one damned thing to do with "the farmers".  Believe me, I should know.  I grew up and live in a very agricultural state.  What "farmer" do you know who wants to start their day an hour earlier than usual??  I don't know a single one.  Not to mention for the people who milk cows, it's a complete and utter pain in the ass.  For the cows, too!  And chickens still lay eggs according to THEIR OWN clock, not the gubmint clock. 

No matter what end of the clock is involved, this is the stupidest idea ever.

But of course the Bush Family thought it was wonderful waaaaaaay back when daddy-o bush was in office, it became truly official even after several "politicians" SAY they tried to end it.  Yeah, they didn't really do jack shit.

I HATE video's and this is kind of a stupid one (i hate vid's where people shout). But it does demonstrate how angry people get twice a year on a specified day.  It screws with sleep cycles, it screws with taking medications "on time", it screws with one's eating schedule - - and much much more. 

Nevertheless, we've had to learn to live with it because THEY are the masters and we are the peons.

https://biggeekdad.com/2014/11/daylight-saving-time/

It should be ended but of course that would make sense, so it will never happen. 

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera