My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 9, 2022 11:34 pm  #1

Moose attack

This must have been beyond terrifying. 

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/moose-attacks-iditarod-mushers-sled-team-injures-4-dogs

I think many animals are coming down closer to civilization this year because of the lack of seasonal snowfall.  And it's not just this year because in the past 10 years or so there have been many reports around my city of cougars and bobcats and wolves being sighted, some of them right on the main roadways.  Few people go for walks along the creek anymore because that's where these animals are usually headed - - for water, fish and other food and foliage.

About 5 days ago there was a bear (mid-sized, a mama I think) in my neighbor's backyard.  I'm sure it was there because of the neighbor's OVERABUNDANCE of bird feeders, which the bear simply attacked in trying to get at the food.  Aren't bears usually still hibernating during the first week of February?  You bet they are, but not this year.

Already in my area we have so little moisture there were fire weather warnings out for the past 2 days because the wind is relentless and would push a fire across the dry land at top speed.  It's going to be a helluva long year if we don't get some much needed moisture starting real soon and lots of it, because last year was horribly dry and there is much "catch up" work to do in that regard.  At the price of water these days, I refuse to water my lawn unless the city would decide to give people a break on their water bills during the summer months.  I don't look for that to happen - - not EVER in this city.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera