My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 21, 2018 6:15 am  #1

Israel's schools learned the hard way 40 years ago

I know, I know - - - I've copied a lot more of this article than is permissible, but I always fear people will not read the whole article if I just post a link.   This is information I think everyone really should know and a couple of points people should think about pretty hard.  I hope I don't get into trouble, but this is just too important to miss.

However, the guy who wrote the article obviously didn't do his source checking very well, as there were NOT 100 children killed.  Journalism is dead, even in the alternative world.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
"In 1974, Israel endured the Ma’alot Massacre in which “Palestinian” terrorists took 115 people hostage at Netiv Meir Elementary School.  Twenty-two children and three others were killed and 68 injured."
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Quote from article:

"Israel learned the hard way.  A terrorist school shooting forty years ago took the lives of over a hundred elementary school children.  Since then, any school in Israel with a hundred students or more has armed guards and staff with concealed weapons.  Why do we in America value our air travelers, our congresspeople, celebrities, the employees and contents of all public buildings, museums, etc. more than we treasure our schoolchildren?  Given the world we now inhabit, it seems that our schools would and should have the best security available today.  Those of us with little Ring doorbell cameras on our front porches have more security than most of our schools.

There are over 300 million guns in America, 200 million of them legal.  They are easy to buy anywhere for anyone who wants one.  Most gun-owners are law-abiding citizens who purchase them legally and own them for self-defense purposes.  They are used for protection far more often than reported by the anti-gun lobbies.  The horrific murder rates in Chicago and Baltimore are not committed with legally owned firearms; both of those cities have the strictest gun laws in the nation.  Most deaths by guns are self-inflicted.  The anti-Second Amendment posture of the Obama administration was anathema to American citizens who revere the Constitution.  Gun control, as Tucker Carlson reminded, is really people control.  The first thing tyrants do is disarm their citizenry so they are defenseless.  Which is why the proliferation of "gun-free zones" is suicidal on its face.  Why did James Holmes shoot up that particular theater in Colorado?  It was a gun-free zone, as are nearly all schools in the U.S.  Mass murderers are shameless cowards; even if they expect to commit suicide by cop, they can only guarantee a mass murder in a gun-free zone.

For members of the NRA who know how responsible that organization is, it is infuriating to see it used again and again as a whipping boy by the anti-gun left, whose members never bothered to investigate or report their true mission: responsible gun ownership, protection of the Second Amendment, and the right of American citizens to protect themselves.  If America had long ago adopted Israel's commonsense approach and made schools secure and protected by well trained armed persons, it is quite likely that Columbine and Newtown would never have happened.  One young ROTC student at Stoneman Douglas High School commented that Coach Feis, who died after he threw himself in front of a group of kids and saved their lives, could have taken the shooter out had he been permitted to carry a gun.  He might well have saved many more lives had he been armed.

The mental instability of the shooter, obvious for years but ignored by law enforcement, is at this point in time irrelevant.  The local police and the FBI dropped the ball, and a tragedy ensued.  The anti-gun lobby and these newly activist youngsters who think they can change the world by banning guns are irrelevant as well; the Second Amendment will never be overturned.  There are already countless laws on the books to prevent people like Nikolas Cruz from getting his hands on a gun, but many people along the way did not do their job.  Evil and insanity will always be with us.  

The only commonsense response as a nation is to remember that the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.
  (I've used this exact same phrase over and over, for many years, both online and in face-to-face conversations).

Let the legacy of those young lives lost in Parkland be that we wake up and put an end to gun-free zones, especially at our schools.  Let us protect our schoolchildren with the same fervor with which we protect those schlubs in Congress and all those Hollywood celebrities who never venture outside their homes without armed security.  And make no mistake!  Even if the Second Amendment were overturned and all civilian guns were confiscated (an impossible task), those folks would keep their armed guards.

How about we value the lives of our schoolkids as much as members of Congress and all those celebs value their own?"

But you really should read the whole article by following the link below:

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/02/there_is_only_one_way_to_stop_school_shootings.html

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

February 21, 2018 9:52 pm  #2

Re: Israel's schools learned the hard way 40 years ago

See - - this is what I'm talking about.  Someone in CONgress actually wanted to do the right thing but as usual the wheels came off the bus.

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/congress/item/28315-massie-says-his-bill-would-have-saved-lives-in-florida-shooting

"Massie’s explanation is logical and perhaps therein lies the difficulty in getting it passed in an era where feelings matter more than reason and where passion is substituted for informed deliberation.

In light of the special rules on gun possession imposed by the GFSZA, one wonders why public schools are the only category of government buildings not protected by armed guards and metal detectors.One never hears congressmen calling for the removal of the scores of well-armed guards who protect every door leading into the Capitol Building, but they cry and clamor against any suggestion that schools be similarly protected.

Let that sink in."

I recenty read an article somewhere which said that AR15's have been available since 1958.  If that's true, why then are they all-of-a-sudden a problem??  More gummit hogwash explanations are sure to follow.

Last edited by Debrah (February 21, 2018 9:58 pm)

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera