My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 19, 2021 9:57 pm  #1

Country/City Life: Let's talk COAL

Typical political shenanigans.  This is how the dimwit dems operate.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/a-plan-to-buy-coal-mines-and-close-them-down-got-rejected-by-investors-report

Thanks to the republicans, this is going to get at least a second look.  Dimwit dems are not thinking about the future, our kids and grandkids futures either - - they also seem to forget that this will also affect their own offspring.  They simply do not think. 

QUOTE FROM ARTICLE AT LINK POSTED ABOVE:

"Indeed, the White House’s emphasis on clean energy projects — and its attempts to stem nonrenewable energy production — has led American investment banks to grow hesitant over coal projects. In a recent letter, the financial officers of 16 Republican states announced that they would “be taking collective action in response to the ongoing and growing economic boycott of traditional energy production industries by U.S. financial institutions.” "

Coal is great stuff, you just hafta know how to use it properly. I grew up in a home (this was our "in-town house") where we burned coal in an old stoker furnace.  I remember my Mom cussing whenever Dad went to Firesteel for a load of coal (I often went with him because I loved to be with him and I loved to ride in that BIG truck; I was only a little thing at the time) because when he unloaded it out of the truck bed into the coal chute which went down into the basement (like a slide) it created a very fine, black dust. It filtered over everything in the house that wasn't covered up.  But that coal burned so nice and steady and warm.  And it lasted for a long long time.  My Dad would bank the furnace for the night and the next morning it would still be plenty warm in our huge old house.  Then he would stoke it before he left the house for the day and it would last all day.  There's a lot to be said for coal.  It's messy to work with but it burns very clean and has a steady heat.

Houses are, supposedly, more well built today so maybe the coal dust wouldn't be an issue.  *** I highly doubt that anyone has a "stoker" furnace anymore, but it was fun to put that sentence in there!!!!! 

If the dimwit dems just had used their heads and not, out of spite for DJT, shut down the natural gas pipelines (the cleanest energy in modern history) we'd be fine.  But they just had to do everything they could to get back at a man who was only trying to help America. The democraps couldn't have that, OH NO. This is typical dimwit dem "logic". If they wouldn't keep creating enemies they might not have as many.  But they're too stupid to think in those terms. 

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera