My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 11, 2021 7:38 pm  #1

Big Jim McClain

I watched this movie last night (from 1952 - made about exactly 1 year before I was even born!) and even though ONE reviewer out of about 50 said it was a "cheesy performance by James Arness' character", I didn't find that to be true at all.

What was shocking about it, actually, was how much truth about today's political landscape is very much the same.

Do today's dimpocraps take their cues from old movies or where in the hell do they get their crazy, unbalanced, wrecking-ball ideas???  It DOES make one wonder if we aren't just playing out old scripts - - OR PAST HISTORY.  God, I hope not...

I am posting was what advertised about the movie through IMDB (International Movie Data Base site) and I have to say I enjoyed the movie even though to me, at this time in history, it was kinda spooky.

I haven't ordered the movie and I don't know that I will, just thought I'd share.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt00044418/

****  I just looked up the viewing schedule and it will be on TV again (on the Inspiration network) on July 18 (Sunday) at 8 p.m. (MDT) in my area.  I love the Inspiration Network, I watch it almost all day because it's the only thing worth seeing (old westerns and old western series, which are my favorites because they actually made sense and didn't cause people to argue about today's political crap). 

If you want to see it, and you have the INSP network in your area, check your local showing time.  Again, Sunday July 18, 2021.  Good stuff with good acting and good actors. 

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera