My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 20, 2021 10:55 pm  #1

Up shit creek without a paddle

Yep, that's where we are, all right. As the article says, it's an assault on common sense, which apparently not a democrap in the world has, right now.  NONE.  That is a hard thing for me to say because I came from a "democrat" family.  My Dad was in our State Legislature as a democrap and all, but he would be mortified if he saw what is happening now.  He would NOT have remained a democrap, that much I know.

Quote from article at link below:

"In multiple venues of American public policy today, it seems that common sense has been supplanted by doctrine and dogma—a dangerous condition, especially when the people are sufficiently educated to rebuff doctrine with facts.

This conflict naturally results in a serious breach of the consent of the governed, as a people who cannot trust their government to tell the truth will eventually question whether that government is legitimate. That breach is currently as dramatic as it has ever been since the Constitution corrected the errors of the original Articles of Confederation in 1787.

You need look no further than the dispute over the legitimacy of the last election to know that the people’s “consent” is being put to the test, but you can also witness that strain in policy debates about transgenderism, gun control, and free speech. Nowhere is it more apparent than in the Biden administration’s bizarre insistence that the border—like its notion of gender—is fluid, transitory, and apparently altogether optional."

https://www.theepochtimes.com/open-borders-an-assault-on-common-sense_3741202.html

The mere fact that people are actually questioning if this government we have now was "installed" is serious enough to wonder if it is actually a legitimate gubmint and that's why they are passing bills (in their favor, of course) right left and sideways, at the speed of sound.  They want to create as much chaos as possible (because they despised Trump and are therefore undoing all of his logical policies) because I think they know the American people are not going to stand by and let this happen.  Action must be taken soon, however, or there won't be anything left to save.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera