My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 11, 2021 8:38 pm  #1

Country Life: Early lifestyles

This was an interesting article I recently received in my email from Nick Polizzi's site called "the sacred science", but there is no link to follow.  Nevertheless, I wanted to share it here, so I decided to C&P it.

Good stuff, if only people would adopt some of these and remember them.

"I wanted to share a bit of Native American wisdom with you today.

Like many of the teachings that come from indigenous culture, the 10 virtues below are intended as a roadmap for living a more balanced and connected life. The beauty of these ancient pillars of existence is that they always remain relevant, regardless of how evolved or learned we think we've become.

10 Ancestral Teachings

1) The Earth is our mother, care for her.

2) Honor your ancestors through your actions.

3) Open your heart and soul to the Great Spirit.

4) All life is sacred; treat all beings with respect.

5) Take from the Earth what is needed and nothing more.

6) Put the good of all before your own interests.

7) Give constant thanks for each new day.

8) Speak the truth; but only of the good in others.

9) Follow the rhythms of nature; rise and retire with the sun.

10) Enjoy life's journey, but leave no tracks.

They seem so simple right? But somehow these core concepts are easy to forget or take for granted when life gets challenging.

I've come across this list of ten before, but as I read through it again I was struck by one item in particular that really hit home. Today it was number 9, but who knows what it'll be next time!

I hope you too find benefit in these native commandments."

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

March 11, 2021 8:51 pm  #2

Re: Country Life: Early lifestyles

I read some article on the internet yesterday where some jerk writer who's probably never been to my area of the country or even SEEN a Native American, was disparaging them.

Let me educate the little pisher.

If it weren't for the sacred way those Native Americans treated the earth with respect and dignity, the white men who now keep those indians in corrals (more or less) wouldn't have had anything to "inherit" and wouldn't have been the least bit interested in coming to America.  I don't know whether to thank the indians or to scold them some more, because the white man has done nothing but wreck this good earth.

So I have a message for that dimwit writer (I refuse to call someone like that a journalist because he did NOT do his homework).  I live in a state where there are over a dozen Indian Reservations.  We get our eggs and meat from these people as much as possible.  IOW, when the weather permits.  We also try to buy their veggies from the Farmer's Markets all summer long because they know how to do it right and their veggies are always premium stuff.

So, that little egghead who wrote the story doesn't have the first damned clue.  A lesson needs to be learned by the younger generation, but they won't learn it with their faces stuck into a new-fangled electronic gadget.  You have to go out into the real world and learn about real life.  I feel sorry for today's dimwit generation.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera