My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 4, 2021 11:16 pm  #1

Why I got rid of Amazon

It's been at least 3 years or more since I unhitched myself from Amazon.  I tried never to "over buy" from there, but I did like their Kindle feature so I could order online books to read at my leisure.

Well, now that they're trying to TELL YOU WHAT YOU CAN OR CAN'T READ, I am so glad I'm not a slave to them anymore.  I haven't purchased a Kindle book in more than 3 years and just wish I could figure out some other place that would accomodate my kindle with books.  But there is no such animal.

Everyone with the sense God gave a gopher ought to drop Amazon like a hot rock.  I did it, many others I know have dropped them - - none of us miss them at all.  If you're addicted to Amazon for some reason, try to shake it off, you will only benefit from that freedom. 

https://thefederalist.com/2021/03/04/i-havent-used-amazon-for-almost-3-months-and-i-dont-miss-it-one-bit/

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

March 4, 2021 11:35 pm  #2

Re: Why I got rid of Amazon

Now, if only people would unhitch themselves from facebook and twitter and all of those other garbage places, we'd be much better off as a society.  Too many parents ignore their kids because of facebook and "friending" and crap like that.  It's ridiculous.  There are so many more things to do in life.

But younger people (even the 30 and 40 year olds) think they cannot survive without it.  They are ensnared.

It's like a drug, all of this online crap.  People should know they can get along without every bit of it.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera