My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 16, 2020 12:30 am  #1

People really need to learn their history

I've grown accustomed to reading articles in praise of Abraham Lincoln - and hearing people who are ignorant of facts but talk glowingly about him.

It's too bad more people don't do the work and find out about the TRUE man.  It's not what you've been taught, and it's certainly NOT the way history prefers to remember him.

QUOTE FROM ARTICLE AT LINK BELOW:

"When one has written an entire book about a subject like the causes of the Civil War, it is difficult to condense it into 1,500 words or so. Suffice it to say that the onset of the Civil War was much more complex than the average American today thinks it was. For those astonished by the facts I have mentioned above, I hope you are inspired to do further reading on the subject. To paraphrase Harry Truman: the only thing new is the history you don’t know."

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/07/no_author/why-the-civil-war-wasnt-about-slavery/

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

July 17, 2020 12:58 am  #2

Re: People really need to learn their history

People need to actually UNDERSTAND history (and acknowledge that there is such a thing as past history in America, whether a few idiots agree with how it went down or not) in order to bitch about it, in my opinion.  There's "past history" in every single country around the world - - are we all supposed to just pick and choose what we WANT to believe, not what actually happened??

People like the ignorant and stupid Lizzy "drum beat Hiawatha" Warren (who claimed to be Native American for God's sake) now wants to dispel any ideas about the confederate southern heritage of American history???  What a dipwad.  She wasn't afraid to lie about herself and her relatives coming from a generation BEFORE the Civil War, but now she wants to obliterate the confederacy just because she didn't like how things turned out or whatever the hell her reasons are (I can't stand her so I really don't care what she thinks) but she's promoting sheer stupidity, on her own par, from the REST OF AMERICA.  Many of us are unwilling to give in to her extremism.  Next thing you know, she'll be going after the American Indians simply because she lied about her own heritage.  Is that how America works now - - we just "erase" what we don't like??  Good grief.  I am living amongst the generation of numbskulls and their little numbskulls who are now adults but still acting like children ..... 

https://thefederalist.com/2020/07/16/you-cant-claim-memorials-deserve-to-be-taken-down-if-you-dont-know-anything-about-them/

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera