My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 1, 2020 10:52 pm  #1

Doctor's make their money on lies

Not to mention the freebies they get in the process.  WOW.  No wonder everyone wants to become a doctor.  No surprise there.  It's the outright murder and killing I would never be able to tolerate.  But when you're making millions in a month, I guess it's probably easy to look past all that mayhem.

The thing doctors tend to forget is that someday they're going to be old, just like the rest of us, and then the joke will    be on them.  Heh! 

"Would You Trust these People with Your Life?

Dr Vernon Coleman MB ChB DSc FRSA

My first book, written in the early 1970s, was largely about the hold the drug industry has over the medical profession. I was a young doctor when I wrote that book and although I was absolutely shocked at the way drug companies lied and cheated I was even more shocked at the way the medical establishment had allowed itself to be bought by the drug industry. When I investigated the parts of the medical establishment which were supposed to protect patients I was astonished and horrified to discover that every single member of the medical establishment that I could identify was receiving drug company money.

And I’m not talking about free television sets, expensive holidays, wonderful weekends away in posh hotels and very pricey meals in good restaurants – all those were freebies enjoyed by many doctors. I knew doctors who ate lunch every day in lovely restaurants at drug company expense.

Most of the doctors running the profession were being paid as advisors and consultants. I found it impossible for me to find a doctor overseeing drug safety who hadn’t been on the payroll of at least one drug company.

Even I was once offered money by a drug company. My book `The Medicine Men’ , now out of print, attracted a good deal of publicity nearly half a century ago when it first came out and one drug company offered to pay me to go on a nationwide tour to promote it to doctors everywhere.

Can you imagine?

This was a book attacking their industry. And they were prepared to pay me to attack them.

Why would they do that?

So that they could buy me.

I obviously laughed at them and said no and they’ve never tried since then. I promise you all the drug companies in the world haven’t got enough money to buy me or buy my approval or my silence. I earn my living writing books and that’s it.

Anyway, when I talk about drug companies I know what I am talking about.

All this background is important because in this video I want to talk a little about two big drug companies which are said to be among those companies preparing coronavirus vaccines for the British government to use on the British population and – indeed – on the populations of other countries.

First, let’s deal with GlaxoSmithKline, which is known to its friends and it has no doubt bought a good many of those, as GSK.

GSK is one of the world’s biggest pharmaceutical companies and in my view if it made toasters you’d never buy a toaster from them.

In 2014, for example, GSK was fined $490 million dollars by China after a Chinese court found it guilty of bribery.

The court gave GSK’s former head of Chinese operations a suspended prison sentence and they gave suspended prison sentences to other executives too.

GSK published a statement of apology.

The BBC said that GSK had said it had learned its lessons and the BBC added that one of those lessons was `clearly that foreign companies need to keep a close eye on China’s fast changing political and regulatory weather if they are to prosper’.

Sadly, that misadventure in China wasn’t GSK’s only mistake. Here are some other recent ones.

In 2006, GSK paid out $160 million for claims made by patients who had become addicts.

In 2009, GSK paid out $2.5 million to the family of a three year old born with severe heart malformations. And in Canada, a five year old girl died five days after an H1N1 flu shot and her parents sued GSK for $4.2 million. The parents’ lawyer alleged that the drug was brought out quickly and without proper testing as the federal government exerted intense pressure on Canadians to get immunised.

In 2010, GSK paid out $1.14 billion because of claims over a drug called Paxil. And they settled lawsuits over a drug called Avandia for $500 million.

In 2011, GSK paid $250 million to settle 5,500 death and injury claims and set aside $6.4 billion for future lawsuits and settlements in respect of the drug Avandia.

In 2016, GSK paid out $6.2 million in Canada.

In 2017, GSK were ordered to pay $3 million to a widow.

In 2018, GSK faced 445 lawsuits over a drug called Zofran.

There’s a quite a list of drug recalls too but that’s a bit dull so let’s just also look at the accusations of fraud, misbranding and failure to report safety data.

In 2012, GSK pleaded guilty to federal criminal offences including misbranding of two antidepressants and failure to report safety data about a drug for diabetes to the FDA in America. The company admitted to illegally promoting Paxil for the treatment of depression in children and agreed to pay a fine of $3 billion. That was the largest health care fraud settlement in US history. GSK also reached a related civil settlement with the US Justice Department. The $3 billion fine also included the civil penalties for improper marketing of half a dozen other drugs.

Oh, and there are a couple of other things you should know about GSK.

First, GSK is one of the top earning vaccine companies in the world. And in 2010 there were reports of narcolepsy occurring in Sweden and Finland among children who had the H1N1 swine flu vaccine. It is reported that not all the safety problems were made public. I have seen a report that by December 2009, for each one million doses of the vaccine given about 76 cases of serious adverse events were reported though this was not made public. A paper published in the British medical Journal in 2018 reported that GSK had commented that `further research is needed to confirm what role Pandemrix may have played in the development of narcolepsy among those involved.’

The writer of the BMJ article commented: `Now, eight years after the outbreak, new information is emerging from one of the lawsuits that, months before the narcolepsy cases were reported the manufacturer and public health officials were aware of other serious adverse events logged in relation to Pandemrix. ‘

In Ireland, the Irish Government kept inviting people to get vaccinated even when it was clear that the pandemic was on the wane and it was nowhere near the catastrophe portrayed by influenza researchers, governments, industry and the media.

Clare Daly, a member of the Irish parliament, called the adverse effects after Pandemrix a `completely avoidable catastrophe’. She told the then Prime Minister. `The Health Service Executive decided to purchase Pandemrix and continued to distribute it even after they knew it was dangerous and untested.’

It is perhaps worth noting that Professor Neil Ferguson, the Eddie the Eagle of mathematical modelling though perhaps without the charm, had predicted that the swine flu could lead to 65,000 deaths in the UK alone. In the end, the swine flu killed 457 people and had a death rate of just 0.026 per cent of those infected.

Second, Sir Patrick Vallance, is the Chief Scientific Adviser in the United Kingdom and, I suspect, a key figure in dealing with the coronavirus in the UK and the plans for a vaccine. Vallance worked for GSK between 2006 and 2018. By the time he left GSK he was a member of the board and the corporate executive team. All of the fines and so on which I have listed took place while Vallance was working as a senior figure at GSK.

Still, I suppose it’s nice for the company and for the government to have someone in common; someone who knows both sides of the coin as it were.

What are they going to do next? How about making the Yorkshire Ripper the Home Secretary? Or why not dig up Mussolini and make him the next Pope?

Oh and when Dominic Cummings went for a drive to test his eyesight, after his drive up to Durham, he went to Barnard Castle which by coincidence is where GSK has big offices. And two days after he went there GSK signed a vaccine contract.

And then there is Astra Zeneca.

In 2014, Astra Zeneca agreed to pay $110 million to settle two lawsuits brought by the state of Texas, claiming that it had fraudulently marketed two drugs. The Texas Attorney General, when he announced the settlements, said the company’s alleged actions were `especially disturbing because the well-being of children and the integrity of the state hospital system were jeopardised’.

Astra Zeneca said it denied any wrong doing. So it paid out $110million for not doing anything wrong which was generous.

That wasn’t the only little problem for Astra Zeneca.

The company had to pay $350 million to resolve 23,000 lawsuits.

The company was also charged with illegal marketing, including corrupt data in studies for marketing a drug to children, a sex scandal and a poorly run clinical trial that could have compromised patient safety and data reliability.

The study for this drug was financed by Astra Zeneca and originally included 30 children – that’s not particularly small for a drug trial by the way – but only eight children completed the trial and the researcher who conducted the trial concluded that it was inconclusive. The researcher was paid at least $238,000 in consulting fees and travel costs.

However, the study was published anyway and led to a national recommendation that the drug be used as the leading choice for children.

Other studies which showed that the drug produced harmful results were never published and were covered up. A company email revealed: `Thus far, we have buried trials 15,31,56. The larger issue is how do we face the outside world when they begin to criticise us for suppressing data.’

After years of investigations Astra Zeneca paid a $520 million fine in the US and paid $647 million to settle global lawsuits.

In 2014, there was another scandal. After a trial described as sloppy, which resulted in a third of the participants dropping out because of side effects, results published in the American Journal of Psychiatry showed the drug as a promising treatment. The head of a psychiatry department was paid more than $112,000 for speaking and consulting fees and other payments.

That is, incidentally, is a common trick these days.

It’s similar to the technique used to buy politicians.

The company has had a number of other lawsuits but you’ve probably got the picture.

If these companies were human beings they would be described as recidivists. They didn’t make one mistake. They are both guilty of systemic deceits.

So GlaxoSmithKline and AstraZeneca appear to be among the main contenders to make the coronavirus vaccine which governments are so excited about and which we are told will be the answer to all our prayers. And drug companies, let us not forget, are going to be given indemnity so that they cannot be sued if they do something bad.

Astra Zeneca is so confident that its vaccine will receive authorisation that it has already started making billions of doses. The WHO says it is the leading candidate for the billions in profit that lie ahead.

I shan’t be allowing anyone to jab me with any of the rubbish made by either of these disgraceful companies – or, indeed, by any other drug company. As a doctor I have no doubt in my mind that whatever vaccine is produced will be rushed into production and will be inadequately tested.

In my view, we should not be doing any business with these companies, or any other drug companies which put profits way above human health. These companies are serial cheats – how else would you describe companies which have enormous responsibilities but which regularly deceive, maim and kill – all for profit. And why the devil was Vallance appointed Britain’s Chief Scientific Advisor after working in a senior role for GlaxoSmithKline – which, among many other sins, admitted to committing federal criminal offences? I suspect that Vallance , with his experience at one of the world’s top vaccine companies, will be part of the process which decides whether we have a vaccine and which company makes it.

Please, please ask anyone you know who thinks vaccines are wonderful or essential to watch this video. I cannot stress this enough. If enough people watch this video then I believe there will be no coronavirus vaccine and certainly no mandatory vaccination.

It is absolutely no exaggeration to say that all our lives and our futures are at stake.

Copyright Vernon Coleman June 26th 2020

Anyone Who Tells You Vaccines Are Safe and Effective is Lying (Here’s the proof) is the title of Vernon Coleman’s bestselling book on vaccines. The book is available on Amazon as a paperback and an eBook."

Here's the link, even if it takes you to the wrong page, I must publish it.

https://www.vernoncoleman.com/main.htm

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera