My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 17, 2020 8:22 pm  #1

Noem is right

Leaving the state open is the only sensible thing to do, and it's what SHOULD be done all across America.  For instance, the Smithfield Pork Plant acquired an illness - - so what?  The entire country is not worried one bit about leaving fast food joints open 24/7 and those people are just as subject to "catching" something (and passing it on, too) as anyone else in the general population. Besides, it would be a less "dangerious" thing if people WERE exposed to it, caught it, got over it and then were immune for life.  But our immune systems have taken a direct hit in the past 50 years due to over-vacciation of the younger set (from the 1970's on, for sure).  Those kids HAVE no immune system, to speak of, because it's been destroyed - - and NOW we're supposed to take Bill Gates word for it that we ALL need to be highly vaccinated for everything from pimples to pink eye.  It's just plain crazy.

HOORAY for Gov. Noem.  At least she has the sense God gave her, in this one instance at least. 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/take-on-some-personal-responsibility-south-dakota-governor-defends-leaving-state-open

What is going on in the rest of the USA today is just plain stupid.

Tell me this:  if we didn't close the country down during H1N1 or ANY OF THE OTHER WORLDWIDE CRISES of the past, WHY are we so worried about this one virus that has proven to be no worse than the seasonal flu in most instances?  Even the seasonal flu affects older folks and younger children far more than it affects the middle aged population.  No one seems to want to answer that question. 

You and I both know this is a created crisis, a "TEST" so to speak, of our "dumbness" in America - what will we agree to, even when it affects our personal freedoms, that's what our gubmint officials want to know.  And boy are they finding out.  We are a bunch of lemmings.  You get gubners like cuoma in NY and there's your problem.  Instead of just letting this "fakey virus" run its course, he is mandating new rules every hour.  If I was a citizen of NY I'd be pushing back hard - - and they should be but they're too scared to do it.  THAT'S WHAT THE GUBMINT WANTS TO KNOW.

Well, here in SD we don't fold at the first sign of trouble.  We never did and thank God Gov. Noem didn't.  And it's a good thing because if we did there wouldn't even be developed land, much less cities and towns, west of St. Louis.  We, in this part of the country, have to be a bit more hardy than what the USA has proven to be over the past 50 years.  We are now a nation of complete and utter wimps.  The upcoming generation scares me.  They have no sense of anything - - they could NOT survive without fast food joints and supermarkets, and that is a sad testimony to our grandparents, great-grandparents, and great-great-grandparents who worked hard to establish this land into something civilized.  They'd be fully ashamed of all of us.  But at least they'd be rooting for SD and a few other states that surround us. 

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

April 17, 2020 8:36 pm  #2

Re: Noem is right

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera