My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 13, 2020 11:02 pm  #1

Citizens NEED to start pushing back - and SOON

This is a great article from top to bottom.  Please read it for your own benefit and pass it along to anyone you think might be interested.

Not long to read, but makes several good points.  And guess what?  It's written by a woman!  YEAH!!!

https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/13/americans-need-to-start-pushing-back-against-draconian-lockdowns/

This has gone just about far enough and most of America is sick of the whole mess. President Trump knows that and wants to reopen the country on May 1st.  It better happen or he'll be in big trouble come November.  People HAVE HAD ENOUGH ALREADY.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

April 13, 2020 11:59 pm  #2

Re: Citizens NEED to start pushing back - and SOON

This was a part of the above article that I found particularly interesting and very, very fitting to this time in history.  VERY fitting, indeed.  I just HAD to share it.  Take a lesson!

Thank God the Governor of our State has chosen not to take charge like a ramrod in a cattle drive and is letting the state remain open and letting people decide for themselves what they feel is necessary.  I have NEVER been so glad to live where I do, even though I do not especially care for our Governor because we disagree on several other issues from the past.

Anyway, read the info I posted below and then buy the book called The Roosevelt Myth by John T. Flynn.  And to think, at one time, I actually thought Franklin Roosevelt was a good guy.  Couldn't have been further from the truth.

"When the states formed the Union, they ceded power to a federal government cautiously, carefully granting to Congress enumerated powers and creating checks and balances to keep the federal government from evolving into tyranny. At least, that was the plan.

The states retained their historic “police power.” The police power is a state’s inherent authority to govern with a view toward its citizens’ health, safety, morals, and general welfare. Certainly, a state’s plenary powers are limited by the U.S. Constitution and state constitutions, but absent those restrictions, a state’s power is very broad.

Ordering lockdowns, then, is within the states’ authority, not that of the federal government. Bill Gates, Dr. Anthony Fauci, and anyone else advocating for a federally mandated lockdown either doesn’t understand the Constitution’s structure or doesn’t respect it.

On the federal level, emergency measures—no matter how necessary—always pose a danger to freedom. Historically, the exercise of authority triggered by an emergency brings to life a new federal power that never returns to the fully dormant posture from which it came. (I’d go further and say the power is created, but we maintain the ruse that it was always there and never exercised.) If you need an example of radical change in federal authority brought about by an emergency, look no further than President Franklin Roosevelt’s response to the Great Depression.

A state’s exercise of its police power in a time of crisis can be very frightening, too. I find our current lockdowns particularly chilling. They effectuate a sweeping deprivation of civil liberties and, in my opinion, many of the current lockdowns far exceed the uncontroverted evidence necessary to justify them.

This is one reason it is much better to have emergency powers exercised at the local level, where citizens can better control the leadership making the decisions. If lockdowns have to be implemented jurisdiction by jurisdiction, or state by state, they can’t be imposed with the same uniformity and force, and there is the option for a state to dissent and chart its own path, as Florida’s Gov. DeSantis did for some time."

The author failed to mention that quite a few other states (mine included) also have an "open state policy" right now, and thank God for it.  Many of us are grateful beyond words.

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

April 15, 2020 12:27 am  #3

Re: Citizens NEED to start pushing back - and SOON

Here is more information that will be necessary in a "pushback" from the people - - and it's just gotta happen that way or we're doomed to fail from now on. People desperately need to understand what "herd immunity" is and they "need to understand how and why it works and is the best bet to rid our population of "viruses" like the current one being foisted on the public without a hint of real help from most doctors because they don't seem to understand basic medicine. 

Well, the guy who wrote this article understands (everything but vaccines, it seems, which I will NEVER support as long as I live, because we virtually and literally have NO IDEA what the hell is in them).  The vaccines could turn out to be more deadly than the virus itself, for sure.

"Our current everyone-stay-home approach is anything but enlightened by immunological theory.  Quite the opposite: As billions of people worldwide are currently in their homes, in close confinement, in situations of extreme fear and psychological distress, being told by their governments to go to the grocery store as rarely as possible, we are creating an environment which is more and more conducive for facilitating a virus with enhanced virulence in the future.  How are we doing this?

1)   Lowering everyone’s resistance to viruses by scaring, stressing, and discouraging them from normal activities including buying food and drink. 
2)   Keeping everyone at home in effect creates just the immunosuppressive scenario that fosters flu during the winter time -- cold, close quarters and stress. 
3)   Discouraging direct human contact including hugging and kissing, and directly loving one another suppresses immunity.  With social distancing, our species never would have made it this far. 
4)   Preventing young people from being exposed to COVID 19 short circuits “herd immunity.” 

In stark contrast to the quixotic fantasies driving our stay-at-home American approach, which sees all new viruses as equally terrifying, British health authorities are taking the more sober approach, one which is solidly based on contemporary virological, immunological and evolutionary biological theory: letting children go to school, to acquire COVID 19 and become naturally immune is absolutely the best way to assure that this new virus learns to peacefully coexist with we human beings.  Viruses have always been with us, and are part of our very genomes.

I have met few modern immunologists who believe, as Dr. Fauci does, that washing one’s hands 50 times a day is the best way to stay healthy.  At the Ghost lab at the Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Immunology in the 2000s, we often discussed how over-cleanliness and over-protection from viruses and bacteria was a very poor public health approach: too much hand washing actually prevents normal development of the immune system, and leads to autoimmune and other immune-regulatory disturbances later in life.  That “hygiene hypothesis” is well known and well accepted by most immunologists."

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/04/viruses_101_how_overprotecting_people_from_covid_19_could_make_it_more_lethal.html

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera