My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 19, 2020 4:28 am  #1

5 years and counting

If you read this article, it's highly possible you won't even believe it.  The surprising part is that they're actually in the process of NOT building two (2) of these things.  My God.  At a million and a half bucks apiece.  Sheeze.

I'm totally surprised that Trump hasn't looked into this waste of taxpayers money yet, but I'm sure he will if someone with half a brain brings it to his attention because I doubt that he's even aware of it.

This is what you call a complete disaster, a waste of money and totally, totally NOT necessary.  If someone is riding a bike that needs protection, they should leave the damn bike at home if they don't have somewhere safe or protected to put it during working hours.  How much do you wanna bet that these bike havens were also going to employ some City Idiot to sit there and watch the bikes (i.e., protect them from thieves) all day at about $25/hour or more????  I would have no doubt about that.

This is the craziest thing I've read/heard in a looooooong time.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/02/18/dc-spends-2-million-takes-five-years-failing-to-build-a-bike-rack/

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera