My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 16, 2020 12:35 am  #1

Not wildfires, just bad management by the State of CA

Quote from article at this link:  https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/15/dont-blame-climate-change-for-raging-wildfires-blame-bad-management/

"California and Australia share a common enemy: overzealous environmental regulation. In both places, the unintended consequences of a radical environmentalist agenda has been massive wildfires."

Hell, I'm sure glad I don't live there anymore.  Three years was enough for me and that was back in the late 1960's.  I saw all of this coming, just because of the area where I lived (bordering the San Gabriel Mtns, and not far from Angeles Crest Highway, where there have been many unexplained wildfires in the past few decades).

Great article, well worth reading even if you live 3,000 or 7,000 miles from CA.

Last edited by Debrah (January 16, 2020 12:37 am)

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

January 16, 2020 1:26 am  #2

Re: Not wildfires, just bad management by the State of CA

Over the years, just from some of the kids I went to school with when I lived in CA in the late 60's (friendships CAN last a long time!) I've heard some real whoppers about life out there these days.  

I traveled the entire state from Paradise located in far northeastern CA (now gone) all the way to Baja and even south into Mexico. I still have friends and relatives all over that state, most of my family that's left out there is in SCA (Huntington Beach and Thousand Oaks mostly).  One niece still lives in Lodi (northern).

They ALL say the same thing.  California is NOT the state it used to be, thanks to democraps - or should I say NO thanks to the democraps.  And my entire family, for years, were democrats.  However, many of them couldn't read into the future and had no idea what was in store.

Nevertheless, I'm glad I got outta there and came back here to the ranch.  It's been a much more satisfying and fulfilling lifestyle for me. 

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera