My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 23, 2019 10:12 pm  #1

War mongering - big part of our political system for years

This article is very long (it's actually 2 parts, now put together) but it's interesting reading.  I don't usually read Stockton's stuff because he can't seem to make up his mind how he feels about President Trump (he calls him "the Donald" but then again he supports actions he's taken over the Syrian deal, even though the vote from the House went alllllllll wrong). 

I strongly support Trump's idea of just getting the hell out of a place we never should have been at all.  But then again, former idiot presidents like the bushies and stupidass, lame-brained obozo had to show some kind of justification for their military "actions" even though it meant nothing, what they were doing.  Gotta justify spending billions in military when it was really used for something far more insidious.  Most people seem to trust President Trump's war strategies, at least to this point.  We'll have to wait and see what happens, in any event.

This is a quote from the article, and the link is below that if you'd like to read the whole long article.  It's interesting reading, I will say that.

"Indeed, the facts on the ground are so damn obvious that we can actually be relieved that the days of the Empire are numbered. That’s because the Imperial City and its media megaphones have been so dumbed-down that their utterances on the Syrian/Turkish border matter have been reduced to blithering stupidity and mendacious humbug.At this rate, Imperial Washington ain’t going to even pretend to rule the planet much longer.Start with the flagrant contradictions and lies that has flowed from the lips of every War Party factotum and bag-carrier that filled the airways and cyberspace since the Donald pulled the plug a week ago. To wit, the risible claim that Trump’s action is at once a victory for America’s alleged Russian and Iranian adversaries, a betrayal of the Kurds that gave 10,000 lives fighting ISIS and a signal to the demented remnant of the latter to reconquer the territory in north and eastern Syria from which they were so recently routed.C’mon! With the Syrian government now on the northeastern border, the Russian air force greenlighted to step into the territories that Trump has wisely vacated and the Iranian Quds and other Syrian government-allied ground forces at the ready, what lame-brain Washington stooge can argue with a straight face that ISIS is coming back?"

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2019/10/david-stockman/up-in-smoke-the-neocon-assault-on-syria-is-finally-over/

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera