My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 7, 2019 2:44 am  #1

Well, I beg to differ

Violent video games most certainly cause violence.  I don't give a hang what happens in Japan.  They have a totally different culture than we do to start with.  They are PRONE to violence, as a country even if not as individuals.

I can't stand to read articles at this site because everything in blinking and winking at me all the time (not good with my poor vision since my stroke) but this article is good if you can get past the hullaballoo.  I just go through and stop all the movement before I start to read.  It's the only way I can deal with this crap.  WHY do websites have to be so dumb about their publications??  It's sickening.

This is a good quote from the article:

"The New York Times pointed out[/url] that in places such as Japan, video game use is rampant, with the majority of the population involved in some form of gaming, but gun violence is almost unheard of. And just this year, [url=https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/pdf/10.1098/rsos.171474]research[/url] from two Oxford scholars found “confirmatory evidence that violent video game engagement, on balance, is not associated with observable variability in adolescents’ aggressive behaviour.” An older study from the Secret Service found that only roughly [url=https://www2.ed.gov/admins/lead/safety/preventingattacksreport.pdf]1 in 10 mass shooters had a history of regularly playing violent video games."

You know, the people who wrote that idiocy aren't the people who are out doing the shooting, either.  These are educated (over educated most likely) people who don't have a clue what it's like in today's society where kids are placed on drugs (sometimes as many as 4 different ones) before the age of 8 or 10 and their minds are not their own.  This is the resulting tragedy.  These "scholars" can say what they want but we live in the real world and we see this happening every single day, how these games affect the minds of young kids, young adults, and even older adults.  It's appalling.  But you add a plethora of drugs in there and you've got a recipe for God know's what.  We've seen the results. 

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera