My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 20, 2019 5:08 am  #1

Stuff that's in supermarket foods - ewww

I found this comment at one of Dr. Mercola's articles and I "stole it" to print here.  It contains some good but shocking information.  Please read . . .

QUOTED MATERIAL:

"Most supermarket food is unfit for human consumption…this does not even take into consideration toxic levels of agricultural chemicals or food additives.  Most (not all) of this happened within the last year!  A lot more is never caught. Townsend Farms, Inc. recently announced a recall of frozen blackberries that may be linked to a Hepatitis A contamination. The frozen berry mixes were sold nationwide at retailers including Costco and Kroger. King Arthur Flour is recalling 14,218 cases of five-pound King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour due to the potential presence of E. coli, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration said late Thursday.E. coli, which the study said was an indicator of fecal contamination, was found in 48 percent of 120 chicken products bought in 10 major cities by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine… Tyson Foods, Inc., has recalled more than 190,000 pounds of Tyson Fully Cooked, Whole Grain Golden Crispy Chicken Chunk Fritters that may be contaminated with hard plastic, the company said in a statement.Karawan & SoCo peanut butter recalled due to Salmonella. On March 23, 2019, Henry Avocado announced a recall of California-grown whole avocados out of concern of possible listeria contamination. In April 2019, Mondelēz Global announced a recall of some 13-ounce packs of Chewy Chips Ahoy out of concern the cookies contained an "unexpected solidified ingredient." In June 2018, the cereal giant recalled this breakfast staple after it was identified as the possible source of a salmonella outbreak that ultimately hospitalized 34 people, and sickened 135.  Kellogg’s Honey Smacks. In February 2019, nearly 175,000 pounds of Boston Market-branded frozen boneless pork rib entrees were recalled after pieces of glass or hard plastic were found in the rib-shaped patty.

Twinkies, Duncan Hines cake mix, Taco Bell cheese dip, Tyson chicken nuggets, Tyson chicken strips, Hy-vee cheesecake, Spam, McDonald’s salads (parasites), Blue bell ice cream (deaths due to listeria), Beechnut baby food, Pepperidge Farm goldfish crackers, Ritz crackers (salmonella), Flower Foods swiss rolls (salmonella), Marketside green beans (listeria), Jimmy Dean sausage, organic Marketside Spring Mix salad (dead bat), McCain hash browns, Almond Breeze almond milk, Stella Artois beer, Bimbo Bakeries bread, Perdue Farms organic chicken nuggets (wood), Dollar General iced oatmeal cookies, Aunt Jemima frozen pancakes, Nature’s Path organic breakfast cereal, Life Line bottled water (bacteria), Sara Lee bagels, Captain Crunch cereal, Del Monte canned corn (bacteria), Pillsbury and General Mills flour (salmonella), nectarines, plums-peaches (listeria), Adam Bros. lettuce (E. coli), Concord Foods salsa mix, Oskri organic nut butters (listeria), etc., etc..  There is also a video going around about Heinz catsup showing employees throwing obviously rotten tomatoes into the mix and stomping some tomatoes into a bin. I am sure there are many more companies that have not gotten caught. More reasons to grow your own food.  The secret food manufacturers do not want you to discover is the realization that you do not need to be dependent on them.

MORE:Almond Breeze almond milk recalled for containing milk.  About 3 years ago, 2/3 of California almond growers began pasteurizing nuts due to salmonella concerns.Wood found in chicken nuggets.I didn't even get around to mentioning "fresh" supermarket meats."

There's probably more and I'm going to ask this contributor where he found this list.  If he replies, I'll post more stuff here.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera