My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 17, 2019 9:59 pm  #1

non-essential gubmint

Why does our gubmint think no one on the public streets notices that we are functioning pretty well without the 400,000 "non-essential" workers, because we are functioning pretty well, you know. 

Here's a great piece written by John Stossel regarding our hapless, useless non-essential gubmint, not to mention its useless workers. 

Imagine it -- 400,000 people on the gubmint dole/payroll who are out-and-out considered non essential "workers" !!!  If my DH considered me to be a non-essential person, would we be married?  Hardly.  This should be a lesson for our gubmint, but only the people on the Hill with an IQ higher than their shoe size will make the connection to the fact that non-essential means just that - not necessary, that's what it means!!  Good God, people can be so stupid, even the supposedly smart ones. 

John gets it.  I get it.  Joe the plumber gets it.  It seems as though only a handful of elitists like Piglosi, Schmuck Choomer, Dickhead Durbin and a few others are the ones pushing for a "re-opening of a non-essential gubmint".  Now THAT figures.  Those are the people who love to waste OUR taxpayer money.  They wouldn't want to waste it if it was coming out of THEIR pockets, would they?

https://reason.com/archives/2019/01/16/the-lessons-of-the-government-shutdown/

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera