My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 19, 2018 9:00 pm  #1

Don't we only allow for PEACEFUL protesting?

I thought the Constitution, even though it allows for freedom of speech, only allowed for PEACEFUL protesting.  I don't remember reading anywhere in the Constitution that violent gatherings and protests were considered legal or under any kind of "police protection". 

Shut down Portlands police department, IOW, get rid of it entirely and send the officers home to look for other jobs, and do the same with firefighters and all emergency first responder units.  Let's see how Portland likes it when they have no protection for the protestors.  If the protestors want to bloody-up their opposers, the protestors can damned well take care of themselves when the opposers start fighting back - - and it won't be long before people start fighting back.  At that point, two deaths being protested is going to look like a Sunday school picnic. There would be no 911 to call, no first responders of any kind to come to save the belligerent protestors, who then will turn into big babies, I'd bet money on it.

Quote from article at link below:

"If our police and government continue to let the left get away with unjustified harassment and violence, then, growing bolder and more insolent, the left will only get a lot worse. At some point, citizens themselves will push back where police and government have failed them. This is a terrifying situation, the stuff of which civil war is made. The failure of will is the greatest political lesson of our time, and our police and government must act before it’s too late."

Another Quote:  "As it happens, I spoke last week with an historian friend who lives in North Carolina about the left’s increasing violence. He mentioned he knows some biker types—not to say, “white supremacists”—who are getting sick of that violence and ready, indeed itching, to fight back."

http://takimag.com/article/what-to-do-about-antifa-and-black-lives-matter/print#ixzz5UOOoYxl

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera