My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 16, 2023 9:18 pm  #1

The 1930's weren't JUST about the Great Depression

Sure there was a depression (created by FDR and if you don't believe that, look it up somewhere reliable).  But there was also the ENTIRE DECADE of the 1930's where they had dust storms so bad, because of lack of rain or any moisture, water was being hogged in dams but not released to the people who needed it to grow crops, vegetables, etc., to FEED people.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2023/04/no_author/the-great-depression-was-one-of-the-most-traumatic-events-in-american-history/

My Mom's family survived on eggs from their chickens and flour my grampa bought when he was in town to search for work - - he'd work for 4 hours and buy what little he could with what little he made.  My Mom told us awful stories about the families who didn't have work or couldn't find anything they were suited for.  I mean, even back then you couldn't be, say, a blacksmith if you knew nothing about the smithy business, right?  You had to be somewhat suited to the work you were seeking. 

Today people would rather stay home and watch tv and let the gubmint support them, but do you know where the gubmint gets the money it keeps doling out?  Maybe you better find out.  LOOK IT UP.  After all, if you're of retirement age, it's YOUR MONEY THEY'RE GIVING AWAY.  I'll bet joe and jill biden's social security isn't being touched.

In reality and listening to the stories from my parents and THEIR PARENTS over the past 70 years, the Dirty 30's dust bowl days were far worse than what the country called the Great Depression.  That Depression was planned, the weather is something they cannot yet control.  But they're working on it, don't kid yourself. 

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera