My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 29, 2023 9:17 pm  #1

Mistakes the USA has and is making

I got all of this information (below) from my maternal gramma's Ancestry page.  The explanations in some of these thngs tell exactly why America is in trouble right now, on many fronts.  The GUBMENT had no business interfereing with the school system (not then and not now), certainly  not collecting data on the schools & students, and there are a couple of other things pointing to trouble we're having now.  In 1929 my Mom was only 7 years old.

13 million people become unemployed after the Wall Street stock market crash of 1929 triggers what becomes known as the Great Depression. President Herbert Hoover rejects direct federal relief.  

The Star-Spangled Banner is adopted as the national anthem.  

1955 ·
The Civil Rights Movement Begins

The civil rights movement was a movement to enforce constitutional and legal rights for African Americans that the other Americans enjoyed. By using nonviolent campaigns, those involved secured new recognition in laws and federal protection of all Americans. Moderators worked with Congress to pass of several pieces of legislation that overturned discriminatory practices.  

1955 ·
To War in Vietnam

The Vietnam War was another civil war brought about from the Cold War. It was fought between the North Vietnamese, who were supported by the Soviet Union, China, and other communist allies; and the South Vietnamese, who were supported by the United States, South Korea, the Philippines, Australia, Thailand and other anti-communist allies. The war caused two more civil wars in Laos and Cambodia and resulted in all three countries becoming communist states.  

1976 ·

The Copyright Act of 1976

The primary form of copyright law in the United States. The Act spells out what is the basic rights of the copyright holder and what is classified as fair use. 

1979 ·

The Department of Education

Department of Education was organized to guide the schools throughout the United States in what to teach and how to teach it. The Department also collects data on the schools to see where government focus needs to go.

I see a lot of references there to communists and communistic practices being adopted worldwide.  Hmmmm.........and FAR too much intereference in the American schools way back then.  Thank God I was already out of school by 1979. 

Ol' joe is just following the past mistakes this country made, only on a much bigger scale, and drugs + death are involved now.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera