My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 5, 2023 12:16 am  #1

Strawberry bread

I have had a recipe similar to this for at least 40 years.  Got it from a friend.  She made it for a New Year's Eve Party a long time ago and she brought printed recipe cards because she knew every lady there would want the recipe!  AND WE DID!  By that time everyone I know was sick to death of pumpkin recipes for everything, so strawberries in winter seemed like a really nice change and a harbinger of coming warm days and growing things ourselves.

Give this a try, you won't be sorry!

https://www.amish365.com/amish-strawberry-bread-2/

****  I try to avoid most oils so for the oil in this recipe I used butter instead, but olive oil might be ok if it's not too strong tasting and coconut oil mixed 1/2 and 1/2 withe the butter would be fine, too.  Just don't overbake this bread.  Makes good little muffins, too!  I don't like making muffins - - too much work and it's not that hard to cut off chunks of bread.  When you take this from the oven after baking, turn the pan on it's side and cover with a dishtowel and after 20 minutes, turn over to the other side, and then after another 20 minutes turn it out onto some parchment paper and flip the loaf right side up.  Wrap in saran right away so it doesn't start to dry out.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera