My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 7, 2023 12:25 am  #1

Ivanka is feeling just like me

As I read through this article, I thought about my own life since my DH passed away.  It will be 2 years in mid-March.  But truly, I have felt this way ever since my maternal grandma passed away just before Christmas in 1996 at the age of 93.  All of the people in my life who've been lost to me in that past 35 years are being missed by me now more than ever before, it seems.  The passage of time does NOT take the pain away, sorry to say.  It gets better, but it never goes away.

https://www.westernjournal.com/ivanka-trump-worries-fans-following-mothers-death-somethings-changed/

I, too, have lost weight since the passing of my husband.  I just have no appetite most of the time, and no energy to fix meals, either.  I get tired of eating out because there are only so many places to choose from and all of their crap starts tasting the same after a while.  I get ambitious and cook something once in a while if someone is coming to eat it with me, but I hate eating by myself.  Yesterday I made a big batch of chili and a 9 x 9 pan of cornbread with chile's in it.  Everything was very tasty but it turned out that no one came over to eat.  So now I have lots of leftovers. 

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera