My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 11, 2022 2:57 am  #1

I agree, in some ways

I agree wholeheartedly with his message.  A little punishment, if not taken too far (there needs to be 2 officers at each station to keep EACH OTHER in check!) is not a bad thing, and that person defying him has NO IDEA what those kids would feel although she talks as though she knows exactly how they'd feel.  This is the problem right now, everyone thinks they know what's best for everyone else and everyone else's chidren. "Sheriff Ivey’s comments appalled some parents and school board members."  GOOD at keast he got their attention!

I agree, a bit of "watching" and even a little corporal punishment wouldn't do the kids of today a bit of harm.

https://www.westernjournal.com/florida-sheriff-sends-stark-warning-students-dont-shape-class-got-get-kids-get/

We had punishments *taping kids mouth's shut if they talked out of turn, slapping their hands with a ruler, making us stay outdoors on cold days, etc) but it didn't really hurt anyone and we learned to behave, I can tell you that much! 

THE OTHER THING I CAN SAY WITH CERTAINTY is the sheriff could use a bit more schooling himself, his use of the English language is atrocious!  Ending sentences with "at" and things is simply not a part of the way a grown person with ANY education should be speaking. 

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera