My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 30, 2018 7:35 pm  #1

What are digestive resistance starches?

This is truly fascinating foodie information!  I've said for a long time that I think adding good fats (like butter) to things like toast and potatoes will offset the carbs - but that was really just a theory of mine. Come to find out there are other ways to accomplish the same thing.

Now there is evidence in this article that I was at least on the right track - that carbs can be minimized and even made useful in the diet.  How hard is it to freeze a loaf of bread and then make toast with it, right?  Couldn't be simpler.  It gets a bit more difficult with potatoes, as far as "ease" goes, but it can be done.  I save mashed and baked potatoes all the time and we reheat and use them in meals later on, I think probably everyone does that with leftover things - that's why they're called leftovers! 

Really good information here although I did not watch the vid.  I would rather read about it than hear someone prattling on - - but that's just me.

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2018/04/30/digestive-resistant-starches.aspx

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera