My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 8, 2022 7:09 am  #1

Raise your hand if you DIDN'T THINK this would happen!

This has been coming for a long time, particularly this year.  When you have a dodo bird for a gubner, what can you expect?  So now they're having to back up just a tad and re-institute GAS POWERED GENERATORS to help them survive the current heat wave. 

https://www.westernjournal.com/california-activates-4-gas-generators-first-time-electric-grid-suffers-major-defeat/?ats_es=b1798f26764e0d5fc6b5dbba3b874b7e

I have a cousin who lives in Thousand Oaks and I got an email from her on monday where she told me it was 108° that day.  Luckily she and her husband are both retired now, and she said they spent most of the day in their swimming pool.  But even that wasn't very refreshing, she said, because the water was more like a bathtub than a swimming pool.  She also said that in their area of the state, this was the 6th day in a row of heat above 105°. 

It's been historically hot here where I live, as well, but this coming weekend we are actually supposed to have daytime temps in the 60's!!  I cannot believe that will happen but that's what they're calling for.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera