My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 21, 2022 4:56 am  #1

FOR YOUR CAR: helpful info

This came to my email this morning, so I c & p'd it here because there was absolutely no link I could find.  It's really good information if you leave your car outdoors all night.  I have a garage so I can hear the door if it goes up, I grab my buckshot gun and head down to the basement so I can go up into the garage through the basement stair entry.  I wish those thieves would scare off some of the snakes hanging out in my yard!  I'd actually hire someone to kill the snakes if they'd just come to the door and ask instead of stealing everything all the time.  In fact, I have lots of odd jobs someone could do for me, if they were ambitious enought o actually work for the money instead of trying to get something for nothing.  This is great reading!

8888*************************************************888888A car alarm went off outside of my home.It was at least the second time in one night that car had been broken into, and at least the third time in two days.The small rear window was busted. The owner came along and taped it up.Well, this may have been the first experience I have ever had of a car alarm doing its job — it got my attention and the rest followed.It was shortly after dawn, and I looked out the window at why the alarm was going off.Reaching over the back seat, legs still on the ground, digging through the glove box was a very run down looking white guy with his pants, prison style, halfway down to his knees and a blanket over his shoulder from the night before. He was looking to get high.That was not the owner of the car.The mistake of the car owner was this: he left things visible in the car.I live in a major urban area that has turned a lot rougher since the Ides of March 2020 — half the neighbors left town. I do not say that figuratively, 50% of people just left the neighborhood over the course of a few months, while cops increasingly watched as crime skyrocketed. As awful as that may seem to you, this is a place I continue to feel called to live in and to minister in. As you may know, living in a place that you feel called to is a blessing all itself, one that far exceeds any negative a place may have.A rule of this place is: leave nothing in a car, ever, for any reason.I once had a car broken into here for a sleeping bag. I was sure a sleeping bag was safe in the car. I think the sleeping bag cost me $10. “Who would bust into a car for a $10 sleeping bag?” is what I told myself while locking the car up that night.Well, probably the same guy with the waist of his pants around his hips, who is breaking into a car that had already been broken into two times.The local fences will give you at least a buck for anything of value you bring them.At that rate, you can keep a pretty good buzz going if you snatch a few dozen items a day.And since the last District Attorney, recalled on June 7, considered it oppressive to cuff you for stealing a few dozen things a day, well, there is a whole lot of that.Such petty theft is no longer a thing of the night, and fences exist out in the open in this city. Gals walking down the street talking to mom on the phone get their phone snatched from their hands, as happened on my corner one morning. In the hands of the right person, a cell phone that is still unlocked can be a very valuable thing, far more valuable than the hardware.When a community’s standards deteriorate, it can be felt. When a community has no standards, it can really be felt.The Converts is a group designed to raise standards. It is a group of folks who have taken the jab, or those who want to show support for them. It is a conversation among those who see this time for the nonsense that it is. Tonight, after midnight, the doors close on that group.In your life, it should be assumed that there is no one who will draw a line and defend standards if you will not.That should be your assumption. Your standards are your job to uphold.I opened my window, and told the guy to get out of the car. He hurried off, obviously an experienced criminal, careful to never even turn his face to me.Had I been on the sidewalk, I would have grabbed that guy’s hand, and started praying for him — not out of condemnation, but out of love.And that is the same spirit behind The Converts. We can each lord the past over people, or we can move forward alongside those who are ready to move forward with a new clarity. The Converts, is a group which aims to define the standards for the future of society: how do we move forward together past this mess?The Converts embodies that spirit of cooperation and leadership.How do we raise a new standard? And then how do we call others to hold themselves to that high standard?The Converts is a group aimed at exactly that.Tap the link below to be part of a community of warriors that are eager to raise a new standard in society.​Tap here to join The Converts.​
Allan Stevo

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

July 21, 2022 4:58 am  #2

Re: FOR YOUR CAR: helpful info

I hafta say, I would NOT be as "forgiving" as the guy who wrote that piece.  I start shooting and ask questions later!
Just so you know!! 

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera