My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 8, 2022 12:17 am  #1

12 things gone forever

This is a little more than 8 minutes, but boy did it bring back memories!  But telephone booth "stuffing" didn't end in the late 1950's - - it was still very popular well into the 1960's, believe me, I know.  Also at the end, they talk about the popularity of the 1957 Chevy.  Well, it was popular, but where I grew up, the 1956 was far more sought-after and popular in at least 3 or 4 generations, well through the 1980s.  I still have friends who own one and have restored it.  They come to the hills every year to participate in the 1950's/1960's car shows in Deadwood, Sturgis and Spearfish. 

https://biggeekdad.com/2022/04/12-things-gone-forever-1950s/

Boy there was nothing like living and growing up in the 50's.  It was an incredible time in history that we will never see again.  The reason most people who lived during that era will miss it is because of the slower-paced lifestyle.  Everyone wasn't rushing to get somewhere, be the "fastest or the biggest or the best".  We just didn't give a rip about any of that crap, we just enjoyed life.  My favorite thing about the 1950's was orange crush pop and grape crush pop and strawberry crush pop.  A & W Root Beer is still around and everyone loved that stuff, too, but the teens of the 1950's were into Coke and Pepsi.  My twin brothers were divided on that issue: one of them liked Coke while the other preferred Pepsi and still does.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

May 8, 2022 2:01 am  #2

Re: 12 things gone forever

You know what's NOT in this list?

Buffalo.

I just finished watching a program on Inspiration Network called Buffalo Keepers, but they didn't do their homework very well.  They insist that Yellowstone is the only place left on earth where buffalo exist.  That's a blatant falsehood.  There is a large herd of buffalo located down near Custer, South Dakota, and every fall we have a "buffalo round-up".  People come from different countries sometimes to watch this drive.  And yet, here's a program on national tv and it's never mentioned.  That just goes to show you how inaccurately HISTORY can be remembered if it's not done properly. 

What a shame.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera