My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 4, 2022 12:48 am  #1

Spring has ALMOST sprung

I'm not a big fan of the hot summer months coming up, not to mention my area of the country is so dry we are already having fire weather watches issued night and day.  Scary.

But I'm so ready to see flowers and native grasses and leaves on the trees!  I love snow but if we aren't going to get any more of it, at least let spring begin!

My planter pots sit out on the front and back deck just waiting to be filled with seeds and starter plants when it warms up just a little bit more.  My neighbor has already applied his "spray on grass".  If they wouldn't let their two ancient dogs pee and poop on the grass all the time, they wouldn't need to reseed every year.  All that "seed" does is attract the birds which come to MY yard to poop all over my decks and my BBQ grill, and now I'm fighting with 3 or 4 woodpeckers who are loving the cedar siding on my house.  GREAAAAT big holes in a couple of boards already, and cedar isn't cheap even in the best of times.  Will have to wait for sanity to come back to the White House, in order for prices to be normalized again.  And they will, I have confidence, but not under the biden dimwit inflation administration.

Spring brings hope, so we shall see about that.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

May 17, 2022 9:22 pm  #2

Re: Spring has ALMOST sprung

We are at the middle of May now, and even though the next three days are to be in the 70's, by friday we could actually get some more snow.  I don't think there will be any build-up of snow or anything, but still.  Anyway, it's much needed moisture and we'll take it.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera