My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 4, 2022 11:54 pm  #1

Nostalgia?

As the title says, nostalgic for the future.   You don't have to be an old person to be nostalgic, especially not in today's world of madness.

This article is quite long, but I have pasted some of what I think everyone is feeling right now.  But follow the link which I've posted below the quote, in order to get the full picture.

QUOTE FROM LINK BELOW:

"I believe that many people feel nostalgic for slower and more silent days when they could hear themselves think a bit.  When the sense of always being on the go and lacking time predominates as it does today, thinking becomes very difficult.  To think, one must dethrone King Rush and silence Queen Noise, the two conditions that the speed and noise of digital technology render impossible.  Tranquilized by the beeping trivia pouring out of the omnipresent electronic gadgets, the very devices being used by the elites to control the masses, a profound grasp of the source of one’s disquietude is impossible. The world becomes impossible to read. The sense of always being away, ungrounded, and mentally homeless in a cacophonous madhouse becomes the norm.  One feels sick in heart and mind.

Most people sense this, and whether they think of it as nostalgia or not, I believe they feel that something important is missing and that they are wandering like rolling stones, as Dylan voiced it so poetically, with no direction home.

How does it feel?  It feels lousy.

So it’s not a question of returning to “the good old days.”  The future beckons.  But if we don’t find a way to rediscover those essential human needs of slowness and silence, to name but two, I am afraid we will find ourselves speeding along into an inferno of our own making, where it’s noisy as hell and not fit for human habitation."

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2022/02/edward-curtin/nostalgic-for-the-future/

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera