My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 21, 2021 7:28 am  #1

Honoring the Season

From our friend Nick Polizzi from The Sacred Science site:   🦃

Thank you Nick!  🥂

A few quick words on the upcoming Thanksgiving:  🍗

Every year toward the end of November, something I can only describe as magical begins its annual swirl through the air. The feeling is subtle at first, like the flurries before a snowstorm, but as the days grow shorter and the mercury drops in the thermometer, it takes on an intensity that’s hard to deny.

This warm inner smile is something my family looks forward to each fall.

Each and every one of us is hardwired to the cycles and rhythms of nature. And if we take a moment to acknowledge the dance of life on this beautiful rock we call earth, there is so much there waiting to show us its majesty.

It is widely known that Native Americans believe the earth has a soul — including all its plants and wildlife — and this is a time to pay homage to it all. No matter who has invited us to Thanksgiving, there is no time like now to bring those values to the table.

Food is an occasion to come together, to experience the miracles of the natural world around us and to give ourselves the nourishment that is our birthright.

With that in mind, here’s one of our all-time favorite recipes, a delicious veggie side that we make room for every Thanksgiving:

Herby Oven-Roasted Carrots and Potatoes

Ingredients:

1 lb. fingerling potatoes (halved)
    1/2 lb. carrots (chopped roughly)
    1 tbsp. olive oil
    1/2 tsp. kosher salt
    1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
    1-3 cloves of garlic (but really, just measure with your heart)
    2 tsp. fresh rosemary

Instructions:

Set your oven to 400 degrees.
    Whisk together some olive oil with the salt, pepper, and rosemary.
    Toss the veggies in seasoning mixture.
    Place onto a cooking sheet large enough for your veggies to all lay flat (this will help ensure they get that nice roasted crust).
    Roast for 30 minutes. Check on it halfway through the baking time, and turn over the veggies so the other side gets crunchy.
    Allow to cool and serve!

That’s it — easy and delicious.

🍁
🍂
🥧

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

September 18, 2023 10:53 pm  #2

Re: Honoring the Season

bump

It's getting to be that time of year again.  We women start thinking about our Thankxgiving menu and our Christmas menu.  I get a lot of good recipes and ideas from the Amish, but there are billions of great recipes "out there" all you have to do is search a bit.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera