My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 15, 2021 6:18 am  #1

WOW!! Talk about SEXIST ads . . .

The 1960's and 1970's had to be THEEEEE most appalling era for women, now that we can look back on it.  No humor intended here, this was just plain cruel in most instances. In 1970 I was 17 years old and I remember a lot of this but didn't KNOW I was supposed to be appalled . . .

https://groovyhistory.com/politically-incorrect-ads-of-the-1960s-and-1970s

I originally went online looking for an old-fashioned ad for Geritol (I love to look up old stuff) and stumbled across this link, but after I got all the way up to the 40th ad, I still hadn't found it, so I decided to give up and post the link here for others to see, and I'll try another time to find the ad I was looking for (actually 2 ads I was interested in were Geritol and Sominex).   Do YOU remember those products?!  I never found the ad for either of those.

This is, however, in most instances, degrading to women and beyond that, it's just plain disgusting and condescending.

HOWEVER - - little did I realize that when women started coming more to the forefront of life, it would start a downward spiral for the MOST VULNERABLE of our population, in the form of the horrid abortion laws.  And now, the biden administration wants to bring it back??  God, it turns my stomach.

The ONLY time an abortion should ever be used is if there is absolutely NO HOPE that the baby will be born a normal human being - - - and by that I mean the fetus is afflicted with anancephaly or something similar.  At that point it becomes a blessing as an option.  But under no other circumstance do I think abortions should be "legal".

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera