My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 1, 2018 9:36 pm  #1

Top 17 food myths

I don't fully agree with their assessments but they're a lot closer to fact than fiction, so I'm posting this.  One thing these "helpful articles" never ever address is this whole idea of exercise.  Sure, we all need movement and if they want to call it exercise they can, but people who are in their mid to late 50's up to mid 70's cannot (and most will not) do the same exercises which can be done by those in their 20's and 30's.  Not possible.  But NO ONE ever gives advice for exercises for older people.

For me and mine, the best exercise for people AT ANY AGE, is walking.  Move those arms at the same time and you've got the best overall exercise available.  Too many of these "health sites" will not address that issue because they are supported by ads on their blogs from exercise equipment and clothing (think spandex) manufacturers.  One nice thing about walking?  You can wear damn near anything as long as it's fairly comfortable and you can walk from here to Kingdom come and not spend a dime.    How 'bout them apples? Heh!

https://examine.com/nutrition/awful-nutrition-myths/

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera