My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 6, 2021 8:16 pm  #1

On FIRE . . .

I sent this message to a couple of friends yesterday:

"I don't understand why an entire country cannot get together and put out some of these large fires.  It's so smoky around here you can't see your hand in front of your face unless it rains just a little.  Luckily right now we are getting a small band of showers passing through but it won't last long and then we'll be back to thick blankets of smoke.  We can invade foreign countries but we can't get fires under control that have been burning "out of control" for over 2 months??????????? 

This is just crazy.  The country is mired in political shenanigans and covid crapola right now.  No one is paying attention to what's ACTUALLY happening from moment to moment, at all.  Is it any wonder we all feel abandoned? Brain-dead joe and smirking comma-la certainly aren't up to the task of solving the problem, in fact, I'd rather they both just stayed out of this mess and let the states try to fix things.  But once we start getting "FEDERAL HELP" it's all over but the cryin'."

We're always better off with LOCAL help, never Federal "help".  The feds don't ever help anyone but themselves so everything is about money for them.  Sickening.

One of them sent me back some good information I thought I should share:

"California managed the fire fairly well up until the mid 70s, then the environmentalists changed that.  The Great American Outdoors Act, signed by President Trump on August 4, will provide critical funding for the Forest Service’s work in California. ***(There was no year provided but it would had to have been somewhere between 2016 and 2020, no?!) 

I don’t know how much was funded for any of the states forest management. Newsom probably gave the money to illegals.The state has established a huge gauntlet of regulatory agencies whose policies, procedures and actions have interfered with, misdirected, wasted and delayed the use of appropriate resources that have led to the present forest management and wildfire catastrophe." 

[url=https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R44267.pdf]https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R44267.pdf

MINE:  No one in politics today has any intention of "helping" with these fires.  We can all just forget our gubmint ever helping us with anything, ever again.  They're all sellouts.[/url]

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera