My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 7, 2021 9:49 pm  #1

Farming: I HATE daylight savings time

I always have.

Cows need to be milked when they're READY to be milked, not when the clock tells you it should be time. 

Mother Nature knows how body cycles run;  the people who engineered WW2 had no idea but it was because of WW2 that the time change took effect.  It sure wasn't because of the dairy farmers, regular farmers, or ranchers.  In my area of the country we opposed it heartily, but the more we opposed, the more the gubmint was dead-set on doing it.  Sound familiar?  Lots of the same tactics taking place today.  Ask any rancher.  This is why billyboy gates is so busy trying to get everyone to eat veggie burgers instead of meat and milk and butter and all the GOOD stuff your body really needs.  Veggies are fine, but they should never be the main staple of your diet.  Your body NEEDS THOSE GOOD FATS WHICH CAN ONLY COME FROM MEAT AND MILK AND CREAM AND BUTTER, etc.

The below info was taken from The Old Farmer's Almanac recently.  However, since it was in newsletter form, I do not have a link.  If you want more info, you'll have to go directly to The Old Farmer's Almanac site and look it up.

"Now is also a good time to dispel the widely held myth that Daylight Saving Time was the idea of farmers. No, farmers were not fans. In fact, they were among its strongest opponents, seeing it as a measure that favored office workers and not those who started their days early, toiling in the fields. Dairy farmers made their thoughts known on the matter and managed to get Congress to repeal Daylight Saving Time in 1920. Such was the case until World War II brought it back again as a way to conserve resources.

The practice has continued, more or less, since World War II, with some U.S. counties and states—like Arizona and Hawaii—choosing to abstain. There are
fierce opponents to time change and, as of March 2020, there were 32 states to proposed bills to make Daylight Saving Time as the official time year-round. None of these can go forward, however, without a change in federal legislation, so—for now, at least—be ready to spring your clocks forward 1 hour on Sunday, March 14, (2021) at 2:00 a.m. local time!

Regardless of whether you’re a fan of Daylight Saving Time, losing that extra hour of sleep can make a real impact! Good news: You can prepare with our
5 Tips to Help Your Body Adjust to the Time Change."

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera