My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 23, 2021 3:31 am  #1

Low transmission (?) in day care centers??

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2021-02-09/very-low-covid-transmission-in-day-care-centers-study

Children have been low risk from the beginning of this whole made-up nightmare. 

But, nevertheless, it put people like me out of business.  I have done day care for 30+ years, infants-only for the last 10 years, but what difference does it make - - no one is GOING TO WORK.  They don't need day care (not private like mine or in the public centers). 

Places like our power company provide On-Site day care centers now, so people from those types of good paying jobs are no longer having to secure "outside" day care centers.  Ask me if THAT hurt my business . . .

In the beginning of that whole "on the job care centers thing" most of the people told me that these places were not going to be taking infants as a part of the care provided by their employers.  Well, it didn't take long before they all had "sections" of the day care centers which were specifically designed for cribs and smaller children and then babies.  My business went up in smoke in about 2 weeks.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera