My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 28, 2017 7:45 pm  #1

beware fake organics

They've been around for a long time, people just didn't have any idea because of the ridiculous labeling dogma.  Now the labeling is even worse than before.  I've been keeping up with this subject on Cornucopia.com but Dr. Mercola has an article in today's e-newsletter (including info from Cornucopia) that may make it easier to understand.  This is one of the main reasons I do not buy organic crap in a box and it's also why I'm careful to select produce that is NOT hydroponically grown because to me, that junk is not organic.  Keep reading:

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2017/12/14/organic-versus-hydroponic.aspx

I even have to be wary of the stuff I purchase in my food co-op now because they ship stuff in from all over the place this time of year, whereas in the spring through fall months it's mostly locally grown stuff.  Some of the greens and herbs at the co-op still come from a small, thoroughly organic-based business in a town about 25 miles from here, so I depend on them heavily this time of year.  Thank goodness for the locals!

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera