My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 21, 2020 6:55 am  #1

Christmas Dinner 2020

My DH and I will be staying home for the better part of the day on Christmas Day, because we prefer MY cooking! He is spoiled. 

So we went to the local organic food store today and purchased what can only be called a HUGE chicken which we are going to oven-roast and stuff with our favority homemade stuffing which I've been making for years.  My stuffing doesn't have sausage or oysters or any of that kind of junk it in.  It's just plain stuffing and we like it that way. 

We were all set to cook up a Cure 81 Ham which my DH picked up a couple of weeks ago (on sale otherwise the price has gotten prohibitive) but now we've set our hearts on this huge chicken.  When we initially set out to head for the organic store it was to buy 4 fresh sweet potatoes (for one of my delectable side dishes - an old, old recipe) and some organic apples for my Raw Apple Cake (recipe is already listed here somewhere - do a search).  But we saw these beautiful huge chickens and looked at each other and said " Hey, why not?" so we're gonna go for it!

When we are done eating we are heading for our son's house to be with him, my DIL and 7 of our 8 grandchildren.  What is Christmas without church services and grandkids, right? 

We plan to spend the evening up there, play around with the kids with their new toys and whatnot, play some cards or some dominoes, drink some boozy stuff (I bought some of the new Budweiser Clydesdale Beer Cans and they're just lovely) and eat sweets and pies!

What a great way to end an evening, right?  This is why we go to church first, as if any of you hadn't figured that out already!!

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera