My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 20, 2020 3:35 am  #1

CHURCH IS ESSENTIAL

GOING to church is an essential part of most people's lives, at least it is here in the heartland of America.

I am from Swedish LUTHERAN background and if I don't go to church on a regular basis I feel as if my life is missing something special.  I also like to go for the fellowship with other believers.  Ditto to all of that for my husband except he is of German-Russian background but has always been a Lutheran.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/12/18/podcast-attending-church-gives-people-the-hope-they-need-during-a-pandemic/

I enjoy the ladies groups (my Circle bible study group; the quilter's group that meets once a week which even though I can't see well enough to quilt anymore I still go FOR THE FELLOWSHIP and the coffee and the baked goodies and the gabbing!); we have several donation things going this year like the donations of receipts from one of the local grocery stores who agreed to send money equal to the "presented receipts" to an organization for children in America - not foreign children who really never see the money - and in 12 months it adds up to quite a bit; we have ladies who crochet, which I can still do, who are making earbands and hats for winter to donate to the women's shelter and to the local mission for the homeless; there are tons of projects we are working on throughout the church right now.  It's a great feeling to do what we can to help our fellow man, not only at Christmas time but all through the year.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera