My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 1, 2020 3:31 am  #1

That stuff must have come over on the Mayflower

I just ate one of the leftover halloween candy bars that I bought a little over a month ago.  Candy bars have been known to last for decades, right?  I mean, there's nothing in them but sugar and that junk NEVER spoils.

But let me tell ya, that Snickers candy bar was drier than a popcorn fart.  The chocolate was turning that dusty white color that older chocolate gets (that doesn't actually ruin the chocolate, it's just not very pretty), the part of the Snicker's that was supposed to be the "creamy layer surrounding the nuts" was almost hard it was so dry.

I proceeded to put all the leftover candy back into a bag from the store where I purchased it, and took it back to show them how bad it was and even the manager was kinda sorta shocked at the almost decayed condition of those bars.

Never again.  Next year, no matter what kind of GUBMINT REQUIREMENTS WE ARE LIVING UNDER I'm making homemade treats (we only give treats to a couple of neighborhood kids and to my 7 grandkids) so it will not be a big deal - - and if the gubmint wants to arrest me for baking cookies and making fudge and caramel, well, that's their prerogative, I guess.  And mark my words, that'll be coming to your neighborhood soon.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera