My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 6, 2017 1:08 am  #1

The Brothers

Good reading.  I finished reading this about a week ago and it was worth waiting to get to it, because I had so many other books to finish first!  I had read The Devil's Chessboard last fall and wanted to get to this one sooner, but life kept getting in the way. 

Now that I've read both of these great books, it's easy to understand why America is such a mess.  Everyone is in it for what they can get on their return, no one is actually looking out for the best interests of the taxpayer who keeps the whole thing afloat - for now.  Pretty soon though, with robots and illegal immigrants taking over a lot of jobs, the taxes are becoming considerably less so where does the gubmint think all this money they want to waste is going to come from, hmmmmm?

Anyway, give this a read.  Excellent even though somewhat disheartening to think that people really wanted to do this sort of thing to the america we love so much and fought so hard to have as our own because we wanted to be free.  It looks to me as though that freedom thing didn't mean as much to some as it did to others, unless freedom also came with the opportunity to rip off everyone else.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17286725-the-brothers

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera