My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 8, 2020 10:21 pm  #1

Easy, inexpensive way to lower inflammation

Lowering Inflammation With Baking Soda and Alka-Seltzer Gold

" (Dr.) Seeds (who is talked about at the beginning at the article) also segues into a discussion about how good old-fashioned baking soda and Alka-Seltzer Gold can be used to squelch excessive inflammation at the molecular level, as bicarbonate immediately neutralizes peroxynitrites, which are among the most damaging free radicals there are. Seeds summarizes a typical regimen:

“I like the Alka-Seltzer Gold — it has to be that specifically, as it doesn't have the aspirin in it. I'll have people take it just to build up their bicarb level. Take two tabs in the morning, two tabs in the middle of the day and two tabs at night. I'll have them do that for about three days to a week, and then I have them go down to just doing two tabs a day.

If you're using baking soda by itself, I'll have people start with a half a teaspoon about every three hours. I'll have them do six doses a day for a few days, and then go to a full teaspoon, three times a day for a few weeks … That's been an easy prophylaxis, and we utilize bicarb in many other aspects too, in immune diseases and so forth.”

While simple baking soda (sodium bicarb), as Seeds recommends, will work, I personally use and recommend using potassium bicarb. You can purchase it inexpensively in pound quantities at nuts.com.

The key to using it effectively is to pick up some litmus pH paper and regularly monitor your urine. Ideally, your pH should be about 7. Without the bicarb it will likely be 6 or even lower. I use about one-half teaspoon three to four times a day based on my urine pH.

This is a powerful strategy I would encourage nearly everyone to adopt as by keeping your urine pH around 7 with the bicarb you will avoid having to neutralize the acidity with either amino acids from your muscles or calcium and other minerals from your bones. This is a simple inexpensive habit that can go a long way to improving your health."

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2020/11/08/do-ketones-reduce-inflammation.aspx

I use baking soda (and I have the potassium bicarb, too, from nuts.com - 2 bags is cheaper considering the high shipping costs these days)  but I haven't used that yet, I just use the baking soda I buy at the health food store because I think it's better quality than the store baking soda.  I have LOTS of inflammation *not swelling, but internal inflammation, if you know what I mean* (I have Sjogren's Syndrome and a high number neuropathy!) so I use the baking soda internally and also to soak my feet about 3 or 4 times weekly, whenever I have the chance and need to relax!

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera