My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 22, 2020 8:30 pm  #1

SNOW!!

Been snowing here every night and even off and on during the daytime hours for almost a week now.  It's a bit early but you won't hear me complain too much, except the temperature got a bit too warm yesterday and melted some of the snow and now we have ice UNDER the snow we received last night.

All together we've had at least 1 to 2 inches of snow (in my immediate area) every night and day for the past week.

I had a few places to go today but will have to skip it now that there's ice under that snow - - I'm not nimble enough to take a hard fall anymore!  Especially not if it's a fall onto concrete or blacktop roads.  Ouch!

But the snow is really pretty right now and it's getting everyone in a festive mood, albeit we haven't even had to celebrate halloween yet.  I don't like halloween much because we can't have trick or treaters anymore (haven't had for at least the last 5 years because some of the older kids in town ruined it for the younger ones).  They went door to door with PILLOW CASES and were demanding that people divide up all the candy they had between the 4 or 5 louts at the door and then there wasn't anything left for the littler kids, who simply didn't understand it all.

Ah well, all good and fun things are done for anyway, I think.  Might as well get used to it.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera