My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 6, 2020 3:05 am  #1

Raisin Spice Cake

This is one of those cakes we grew up with in the 50's and 60's and was always a favorite of my family.  This is very similar to my Mom's recipe, as well as those of both my gramma's.  Better the next day and for a few days after being baked, as long as it stays well covered.  My Mom usually made it with a very thin layer of brown sugar type frosting but I think anything you choose for your family would work.  Many people use cream cheese frosting for everything these days, that's why I like a change occasionally.

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/raisin-spice-cake/

Makes me very anxious for cooler weather. 

Today, of all things, it's over 100 degrees!  Tomorrow is supposed to be in the lower 80's and then after that temps fall pretty fast.  I CANNOT wait for that to happen.  I'm sick of this summer for more reasons than just the heat.  This has, without a doubt, been the craziest summer of all time.  Luckily, we in my state didn't have too many restrictions, and schools will be opening this coming Tuesday, right after the Labor Day weekend.  All the kids I've talked to cannot WAIT to get back to normal living.  They miss each other, they miss their teachers, they miss THE WORK - - believe it or not.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera