My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 16, 2020 11:14 pm  #1

Why the riots? What is it accomplishing?

Why are our "leaders" backing off?  Why aren't they supporting police protection rather than trying to destroy citizens police protection?  It's just ludicrous and stupid - - but what really makes me wonder is why are most of the ones backing off democraps????  Well, you know.  Just think about it for a bit.  It's all about rich kid-brats, support and money for the democraps, doncha see?

https://thefederalist.com/2020/07/16/why-is-hillary-clinton-support-in-2016-correlated-with-cities-2020-riots/

*** I don't usually use quotes this large, but I just didn't know a good place to cut it off with this article. 

You'll see what I mean. 

"Why did the leaders of the hardest-hit cities decide to give space to destroy? Some mayors saw the protest organizers as political supporters. A few may have calculated that widespread coverage of burning cities would harm President Trump’s reelection chances. And some just didn’t want the responsibility of ordering their police to restore order.

Unfortunately, it is often the case in politics and revolutions that the common people—the proletariat—are sacrificed for the movement. In this case, it will be those living in dangerous neighborhoods who will end up being murdered, robbed, raped, and extorted in greater numbers if the misguided call to “defund the police” becomes a widespread reality.

Americans have largely forgotten the hard-won gains made in public safety since 1992, during the last peak of violent crime. If crime rises to the level of a generation ago, we would suffer 14,261 more murders (almost double those murdered in 2018), 580,460 more robberies, and 636,038 more aggravated assaults every year. And these crimes would be concentrated in our urban centers, specifically in working-class and poor neighborhoods.

Think about that the next time you see those young vanguards of the proletariat, armed with law degrees and Molotov cocktails, visiting violence upon a city, only to return to their expensive lofts with a city view before daybreak. In this, the leaders of our recent round of urban violence appear to be trying to ignite a revolution rather than merely win a campaign."

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera