My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 21, 2020 11:10 pm  #1

36 no-bake summer desserts

It never ceases to amaze me how these "recipes" warn people OFF using real cream (and usually real butter, too) but they have no problem with marshmallow creme and evaporated milk in a can and powdered sugar and that gross stuff called nutella - - - eww.  Using real farm-fresh cream if you can get it is so much better for you than most of the other ingredients in some of these recipes, but I guess they want to be the health police in some ways but not in REAL ways.

Some of these don't sound too bad.  The oreo cheesecake is something my grands would like but I don't do cheesecake, I just make cheesecake in a pie dish/pan because it's so much easier than messing around with a cheesecake pan - - and besides, I have no idea where my pans are!  Probably still in a box in the garage from 20 years ago when we moved into this house.  A lot of stuff I could be using is out there simply because I don't have room for it in my little dinky kitchen.  One of the hazards of downsizing!

https://www.thespruceeats.com/best-no-bake-dessert-recipes-2097751

I usually find some kind of frozen treats to make for my grands when we have them over for summer, outdoor meals.  Usually something I can serve in a cup or a cone!

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera