My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 20, 2020 1:34 am  #1

Zinc

This is some info on how to obtain zinc from the foods you eat, which ones are highest in zinc, and why you NEED zinc in your daily diet.  Personally, I love avocados - - I take one and cut it in half, dig out the pit, take a spoon and scoop out the flesh and eat it!  I make sure to eat at least 1/2 of an avocado daily.  My DH is thrilled that cashews are also high in zinc because those are by far his favorite nut.  Mine are pecans and even though they aren't on this list I'm sure they contain SOMETHING that must be good for me.  I also love walnuts, also not on the list but tasty. 

https://draxe.com/nutrition/foods-high-in-zinc/

I also take a supplemental zinc capsule daily (50 mg) and that contains pumpkin seed, as well.

D3, K2, zinc and inositol daily.  Anything else I take is on a hit and miss basis, sorta, but I figure I'm getting the important stuff my body truly needs.  The rest of what I need I try to get from foods.  Vitamin C can be a tough one, though, because I'm not big on citrus fruits except I do use my warm lemon water every morning so that will have to compensate.  Squeeze the juice from 1/2 a lemon, mix with 2 oz warm water and drink on an empty tummy every morning.  I don't eat anything for about 1/2 hour afterward, but I don't think there's a hard and fast rule about that.  I wait about 15 minutes before I drink my morning Joe/java.  I grind my own beans (from Grounds for Change) and it's a mixture of 1/2 regular coffee beans and 1/2 decaf beans.  Works for us!

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera