My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 18, 2020 9:31 pm  #1

EO mixture recipe to help you breathe better

There's nothing like inhalation as a way to utilize essential oils for the benefit of colds, flu and virus based illnesses.

Here's one I've been using for years, although I rarely have colds or anything else in the line of illnesses like those.  I recommend people to place several drops onto a kleenex, or in an old teapot full of steaming water (once you use a pot or kettle for EO's you won't be able to use it for anything else, keep that in mind).  Go to a rummage sale and buy and old teapot if necessary, just make sure it doesn't leak!!

You can buy the bigger bottles and mix your own blend (using the named oils) or you can buy it pre-made.  I'll give you the name of the brand called "Breathe" below, after the ingred list.

Eucalyptus
Peppermint
Tea Tree
Lemon
Pine Needle
Cardamom
Laurel Leaf

The blend is also available in various sizes online and it's made by Natural Riches.  It's 100% pure essential oils, no filler oils included.  You can (and should) mix it with a carrier oil (coconut, Olive, Argan, etc) as some people are allergic to the straight oils.  I have a friend who adds a few drops of whatever oil she needs for whatever purpose, to her teacup, but I do not feel safe using EO's internally.  I prefer to use them externally on skin or inhaled through steam.

Another good blend which I recently posted about (here on this site) is called 4 Thieves.  Great for killing germs and has a very interesting history behind it, too.

I also add the EO's (any kind) to a very small spray bottle (about 2 oz or less) about 3/4th's full of pure Everclear or Vodka.  I carry this in my purse or pocket so I can spray my hands whenever I grocery shop, etc.  God only knows what germs are lingering on those cart handles.  Ewww.  Nothing kills germs on skin like booze!  I think you could actually use any booze as a base, for that matter, but some of them have pretty detectable odors, whereas Everclear and vodka are almost unnoticeable after a second or two.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

May 18, 2020 10:16 pm  #2

Re: EO mixture recipe to help you breathe better

This is just too funny and I hafta share it with you readers.

I have a good friend whose daughter is grown and has 2 small children of her own. She likes to make her own deodorant spray, as well as a few other things. She went to do some shopping at the local drugstore a few days ago and had her kids in tow.  She reported to her Mom that going to the check-out counter with 2 small children and plopping a large bottle of vodka on the counter, at 11 in the morning, got her a few very strange looks!!  She said "trust me, I'll not take the kids with me next time I need to buy some"!!!! 

I can only imagine. 

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera