My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 13, 2020 12:43 am  #1

Country Life: Churches from the past

A glorious historical write-up about the churches of the prairies of the "Dakota Territory".  I can attest to the fact that almost everyone here in the Dakotas, in the early years, were of Scandinavian or German heritage, having heard many stories and much historical information from my grandparents who were, themselves, of both Swedish and German descent.  Now we have all kinds of people, some who don't fit in very well because they cannot tolerate the usual winters in this area of the country.  It gets colder than a witch's thorax around here. 

Last year and possibly this year, the way it's going so far, are also going to be downright cold.  We had snow in my area of the Dakota's last night and early this morning.  It's melted now but to see snow flying the middle of May is not necessarily "normal".  Usually by now I have SOME flowers going strong, but this year - - nada.  But I'm in the process of planning my "container garden" even though it will likely be a while before I can actually plant.  I may not be able to plant everything I had in mind because some of stuff just wouldn't have time to "finish" before the cold weather comes on full-steam in autumn.  Anything that needs more than a 75-90 day growing period just won't work.

If you're a history buff, like me, you'll love this article, and you'll even hate parts of it, too.  Good stuff.

https://truewestmagazine.com/article/our-father-who-art/?mc_cid=e130d2d72c&mc_eid=7bb3100fc9

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera