My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 22, 2020 12:35 am  #1

This is horrifying information

https://drmalcolmkendrick.org/2020/04/21/the-anti-lockdown-strategy/

GREAT STUFF FROM DR. KENDRICK, AS USUAL.  HE'S ON TOP OF THINGS IN THE UK, WHICH ALSO AFFECTS ALL OTHER COUNTRIES, TOO.

"Lockdown has two main purposes. One, to limit the spread of the virus. Two, and most important, to protect the elderly and infirm from infection – as these are the people most likely to become very ill, end up in hospital, and often die. [In my view, if we had any sense, we would lockdown/protect the elderly, and let everyone else get on with their lives].

However, the hospitals themselves have another policy. Which is to discharge the elderly unwell patients with COVID directly back into the community, and care homes.

Where they can spread the virus widely amongst the most vulnerable.

This, believe it or not, is NHS policy.

Still.

Yes, you did just read that. COVID-19 patients, even those with symptoms, are still to be discharged back home, or into care homes – unless unwell enough to require hospital care e.g. oxygen, fluids and suchlike.

If this is not national policy, then the managers are telling me lies.

In fact, it does seem to be policy, although the guidance from the UK Government is virtually incomprehensible1.

I have read it a few times and I fail to fully understand it – or partially understand it.

I tried reading it upside down, and it made just about as much sense."

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera